Thursday 6 March 2008

Campaign: Previous letters to the editor - SPECSAVERS

Can this be?
Did I just laugh at a Specsavers ad - because it was actually funny???
Yes, it's true. It was the ad where an old sheep farmer mistakenly shears his sheepdog.
Apologies to any of you animal lovers out there, but when I saw the unnaturally short haired and sheepish (groan) looking sheepdog, and heard the "Should've gone to Specsavers" punchline, I found it hard not to laugh.
A good example of a simple idea well executed - brilliant.
So well done to the team who've finally got through an ad for Specsavers that (a) actually makes sense, (b) sits well with the "Should've gone to Specsavers" line and (c) is actually funny!
And dare I say it, could this Specsavers ad actually be nominated for pick of the week?
Judging what's out there at the moment, I don't see why not.


No comments:

Post a Comment